Metal Working Products
CHEMICALS FOR EFFLUENT WATER TREATMENT
Concerns regarding water disposal and runoff have increased dramatically with the advent and implementation of RCRA, municipal sewer department specifications and other federal, state, and local EPA regulations. This increased emphasis has caused industrial companies to need a dependable and effective water clarification program. MCC has designed an entire series of products for the treatment of effluent water, especially oily waste waters.
MCC’s products for waste water emulsions are designated the " WEB " series of clarifiers. These products provide a comprehensive approach to oily water treatment. Included in this series are:
Most of the above listed chemicals are surface active agents or polyelectrolytes. Polyelectrolyte is a term commonly used to describe a class of synthetic organic compounds. These compounds may be cationic, anionic or nonionic in character. The applications for these chemicals are as follows:
MCC’s dedication to providing high quality products, low prices and excellent service makes selection of our products the right choice.
Procedure for Waste Water Treatment Test
1. Fill 500 ml graduated beaker with 300 ml of waste water.
2. Add 2000 ppm coagulant* and stir for 5 minutes.
3. Check pH.
4. Adjust pH to 7-9 with NaOH (50% solution) or Lime (20% solution).
5. Add 2000 ppm flocculant.**
6. Stir until large floc develops.***
7. Filter floc out and test water for COD, BOD, or other parameters mandated by POTW.
8. Repeat test at lower or higher injection rate to determine optimum treatment.